Wednesday, January 9, 2013

John Frieda Full Repair Review

John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo and Conditioner Review

A while Back I was able to snag a Sample from the John Frieda of their Full Repair shampoo and conditioner and Finally got a chance to try it. 

Shampoohttp://www.johnfrieda.com/en-US/ProductDetail/Hair-Care/Full-Repair/Full-Body-Shampoo

Conditionerhttp://www.johnfrieda.com/en-US/ProductDetail/Hair-Care/Full-Repair/Full-Body-Conditioner

Quick run down of my hair: Hip length ,color treated, very curly, dry, color treated and prone to split ends and breakage.

The shampoo: 
What the claims are: 
  • Reverses the look & feel of damage with every use.
  • Bodifying formula, with Inca Inchi Oil rich in omega-3, reverses the look and feel of damaged hair as it weightlessly restores bounce for full, flowing styles. Detangles strands, reducing the risk of breaking and snagging when combing or brushing..
When opening the sample I found the consistency the same as you would find with most other shampoos semi opaque in color with that opal glisten. The smell is hard to pinpoint it was by no means offensive and I can honestly say I have no way to describe it accurately its not fruity, floral warm or powdery it was just something that was there and didn't linger in my hair. I found that as I was working it into my hair I could feel it easily moving thru my strands and my hair was feeling very soft already. Shampoo rinsed out well and I didn't feel any odd residue in my hair nor that dried out squeaky feeling.

The Conditioner:
What the claims are:
  • Reverses the look & feel of damage with every use.
  • Bodifying formula, with Inca Inchi Oil rich in omega-3, reverses the look and feel of damaged hair for full, flowing styles. Smoothes and detangles strands, reducing the risk of breaking and snagging when combing or brushing.
Texture was very rich but not greasy and had a very similar smell to the shampoo. Was easily worked through my hair and at this point I was very very happy with how my hair was feeling. Rinsed out well and no bad after smell and my hair didn't feel greasy or squeaky.

After washing my hair I continued as normal I put my hair up in a towel getting any excess moisture out and then I clip it up until its about 40-50% dry. Once it reaches that state I take it down and comb out my hair with a wide tooth comb. My Hair was incredibly soft even my severely damaged ends were soft to the touch and the comb moved easily through my hair with my normal about left in the comb. I applied my Macadamia healing oil and up in a bun it went for the night.

This morning I took my hair down to brush it out and OH MY GOODNESS my hair has movement shine body without fly aways and is so so so soft my brush glided through my hair and very little lost strands and frizz ends are still as soft as they were last night.  I am definitely going to buy the full sizes and see if my hair continues to respond as it has.

Would I recommend? Hell to the yeah they are affordable smell is fine non greasy and left my hair feeling incredible. If the Ion Color Defense Moisture that I previously reviewed was too greasy or heavy for you then give this one a go it reminds me of it a great deal just a more subdued version while leaving your hair feeling about the same plus a little more body.


No comments:

Post a Comment